Saturday, May 4

Memories...

{ image found on my latest favourite tumblr site. find it here }

Some people have a desire for travel running through their veins. I'm not one of them. In fact, generally speaking I don't have a burning desire to visit faraway places (except The Hamptons of course). I'm more of a homebody. Happy to potter in my little corner of the world and not go too far out of my comfort zone. Having said that, one of my fondest memories of my life so far is when i lived in London for a year. It was 2004 when I lived there (wow, almost 10 years ago). I followed my boyfriend there having never stepped foot in London previously only to break up with him shortly after my arrival. I was in a foreign city with no friends but fortunately I got a job pretty quickly, made contact with some friends of friends and before I knew it I had the most bustling social life I'd ever experienced and having truly stepped out of my comfort zone I embarked on an adventure that I will never forget. It really was a surprise that something so unplanned and unlike me in so many ways became one of the best things I'd ever done.

I came across this picture today and out of nowhere I was suddenly transported to my life in London. I don't really think about it too much and given that I don't keep in contact with anyone from that time it's like this weird little part of my life that will only ever live on as memories. And what fond memories they are.

No comments: