Tuesday, April 9

Fabulous Lilly

 { a young lilly in what I believe was her first shop in Palm Beach, Florida }

{ jackie sporting one of Lilly's dresses....  jackie was a fan -  need i say more } 

{ a lilly changeroom on the left and a cute shot on the right }

Well, yesterday the doyenne of preppy style passed away. Not being American it took me a little while to discover Lilly Pulitzer but when I did I felt a certain kinship with this woman. She was all about bright prints, shift dresses and was a lover of the classic preppy combo of pink & green (you know, hot pink & kelly green). One of my favourite bloggers (based in Boston) wrote a great blog post on her with her own very cute personal story. It's worth a read and can be found here.

One of my favourite Lilly quotes is this:

“Style isn’t just about what you wear, it’s about how you live.”

No comments: